Volunteer Counsellor Training
Cowichan Family Life offers an in-house counselling training program for individuals interested in providing counselling to adults seeking support for current issues. The training provides counselling skills and techniques needed to gain insight of clients’ needs and help them make changes in their lives where it matters to them.
Cowichan Family Life adheres to a strength-based, solution focused, brief therapy model. Counsellors also receive ongoing continued personal and professional development in exchange for volunteer counselling hours.
Are you a potential CFLA peer Counsellor?
Do you possess those caring qualities that may be cultivated into solid counselling skills? Reflective listening and empathy? A willingness to stretch and grow and shift your beliefs? To have unconditional positive regard for others and yourself? View the world from a strength-based perspective? And learn concrete counselling skills? Contact us for an information package and application.
All trainees are required to:
– Provide a criminal record check
– Agree to strict confidentiality and ethical guidelines
– and enter into a 100 volunteer hours commitment
Volunteer Peer Counselling Training offers
– Introduction to Counselling training
– Counselling Training
– Ongoing mentorship and learning opportunities
– Regular clinical supervision
– A supportive community of peer and professional counsellors –
– Certificate of Completion of Counselling Training, 100 Hours of Volunteering
Next Training, Oct 22/23, Nov 5/6, Nov 19/20, Dec 3/4, Dec 17/18, Jan 7/8, Jan 21/22.
Training is held all day Saturdays and Sundays alternating weekends for seven weeks 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Facilitated by Ron Jorgenson MEd, RCC
Value is over $1500, with $450 through course fee and balance through 100 volunteer hours and professional development and mentorship.